Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

My First Coldrain Concert @ Seattle, El Corazon, 3/9/16

Woohoo!
Yesterday marked the first ever concert that Coldrain had in Seattle and also my first time seeing them live. And I gotta say now, I was not where near disappointed! Let me start off with my day for you guys.

Before walking to El Corazon with my two friends, Tomina and Chantel, I hung out around Westlake Center for a few hours after class while suffering with a dying phone.
Luckily, once we met up, Mina had us stop at Daiso to buy an umbrella before heading out. Thank god she did. We had to share one umbrella with 3 people but that was honestly so much better than nothing.
And the weather didn't pick up either. It rained all day and all night AND it got windy. Fabulous. Needless to say, we froze our toes off. 
(But it's 6:30pm the following day right now and I feel good! Well, if you ignore the sore neck and shoulders. But no cold!)

Me and Mina!

We were the only 3 in line for 2 hours (arrived around 2-ish pm, didn't get inside til 6) and so we headed inside to use the ATM once getting the OK from staff/security. Doing so, Chantel and I saw two members of Coldrain; Sugi and I think either Katsuma or Ryo.
Throughout the time outside the venue, we often saw Katsuma walking back and forth. We saw Ryo maybe 2 times along with Masato. I also got to see Paul, Shane, and Josh, but I only said hi to Paul and Shane. Despite being out in the cold-rain (sorry not sorry) for so long, it was all worth it.

Chantel




This is us inside the venue before the show started!

My view from my spot. El Corazon is a tiny venue and you're literally against the stage if you're front row, therefore a lot of people just casually climb up onto it and stage dive. There was a lot of stage diving happening from both the fans and lead singers.


I honestly can't believe how close we got to be! If we went to any of their concerts in Japan this would not happen. I was so close that I'm pretty sure I accidentally hit Masato with my hair when I headbanged and also whenever I closed my eyes, only to of course open them again, Masato's knee would be right in my face. Thank god none of the members decided to kick lmao but I loved how close I could be to them!
I got really close to Ryo too, which I quite enjoyed. Too bad Yokochi stayed in his little area! Then again, the stage is tiny and Masato and Ryo were in his way. 

In no particular order, they performed VENA, Wrong, Die Tomorrow, Runaway, Gone, and the Revelation.

Greeeeaaatt greatgreatgreatgreat performance. They really put on a good show and my friends and I made sure to rock out hard and cheer for them as loud as we could. 

After their set ended, we cheered the members names (more like screamed) and Ryo nodded as acknowledgement and Yokochi....Oh man. He turned just a tiny bit and smirked. I DIEDDDDDDDDDDD.



As soon as their set was over, we left the area, freshened up, and headed straight to Coldrain's merch booth! Masato was the first and only one there. I bought the black shirt, sticker, key chain, and the VENA album CD. I totally forgot to compliment him on the performance so I left only to return back to the table a couple minutes later. I didn't wanna bother try shouting at him as the next band was performing so I wrote what I wanted to say in a tweet and just showed him my phone lol but he said thank you and placed his hand over his heart and afiauhjnlfalk ;A; I hope a lot of people bought their CD because they totally gotta!!!

I met Katsuma next :3
I also gave him an early birthday present, which I hope he opened later that night and liked! They're all really nice guys. I also told him how they played a great show after I took the picture. Not much happened so I left after that.


I went to their merch table a lot ok haha especially to meet all the members! Ryooooo<3
I was too shy to ask for a picture and so Mina pushed me and I couldn't really get his attention or speak loudly but Sugi noticed and told Ryo for me. God bless.
Ryo walked around the table so he could stand beside me for the selfie rather than leaning against the table like the others and I'm really thankful for that!!! But we got suuuper close and omg.

Of course, I took a pic with Sugi next! Thanked him and also told him about how amazing their performance was. How cute, right? Ahah. My friends said that he's the member who likes making all kinds of faces for pictures.

Same deal with Yoko and I was shy as well! I'm disappointed half his face is blocked but still happy and thankful. He's so handsome and talented oh my gosh. 

Collage of all!

Once that all finished we stayed around their merch table and chilled out. We stood here (pic above) to watch Silverstein and it was great too. I haven't listened to them in a long time so I don't know any new music. But they played a couple old songs, including their first song on their first ever album and just wow!!! Thank you Silverstein for bringing back my middle school memories hahaha

We decided to leave soon after the concert ended. We were cold and tired...plus I had class the following morning and Chantel had a flight to catch the next morning. She's going to see them again and I'm so jealous!!!

Overall, this experience was amazing and I'm so happy and glad I was able to share it with my friends.
I hope Coldrain made many new fans that night and will continue to make fans the rest of the tour!!!!

Yay to an awesome concert experience!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment